Livadian Palace is one of the residences of the rulers of the Russian Empire, located near Yalta. It was here in 1945 that the fateful Yalta Conference of the Allied Powers was held, which decided the order of peace after the Second World War.
The history of this region began back in ancient times, when Greek immigrants arrived here and settled on the slopes of Mount Magobi. In those days, there were huge meadows around, and the name of the territory arose. "Livadion" translated from Greek means "the lawn". After the war with the Turks, the Crimean peninsula departed from Russia, and the Empress Catherine II gave the Greek Lambros Katsonis in 1783. For his courage in the fight against Turkish ships, he was given the position of captain and noble title. Katsonis set up the land and broke into them large plantations of vineyards, from which he produced alcohol. After his death, the lands departed to the commander of the Greek battalion, Theodosius Reveliotis, who continued the work of his predecessor.
Over the years, the popularity of Crimea as a resort has only grown, and Count Lev Severinovich Pototsky, who bought these lands in 1834, and built his estate, a greenhouse, looked up at him, and also began to break the landscape park. In 1861, the estate passed to the imperial family. The restructuring also began under the guidance of architects Nikolai Krasnov and Hippolyt Monighetti. According to the plan of Monigetti, the house was rebuilt into the Livadian Palace, the palace of the Heir, the Holy Cross Church, the kitchen and the Sweet House were built. In 1910, the Grand Palace was demolished, and the White Palace was built on its site. About 4 million gold rubles were spent on its construction. Around the same time, the Pazesky Corps, the palace for Minister Fredericks, was built.
During World War I, the palace was occupied by the German army and the looting of the palace began, only six months later they were knocked out by the White Guards with the help of the Allies. At the end of the civil war, a sanatorium was opened in the palace of emperors, and later it was transformed by a climatic medical plant.
In 1974, 2 branches with exhibitions were organized in the Livadian Palace. In 1993, the palace was given the status of a museum and placed the compositions of narratives about the life of the imperial family. At our time, on the ground floor of the Livadian Palace there is an exposition dedicated to the Yalta Conference. On the second floor there are personal rooms of Nicholas II and members of his family with exhibitions where you can find out how the members of the imperial family lived.